<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9925853\x26blogName\x3d*Never+Ending+Yarn*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://neverendingyarn.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://neverendingyarn.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7137483203247584794', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Social knitting

I am not the most social person in the world. I believe that knitting is changing that. Tonight I go to knitting with a wonderful group of women. We usually meet at a LYS but we have decided to change things up and meet at a coffee house. This pushes me in two different ways. Number 1... I am going to a place that I am not familiar with. Number 2... I am meeting with women that I am still in the process of getting to know.

When knitting in public I always have something to do or, at the least, something to talk to others about. It takes a little bit of the pressure off of having to make small talk. I'm not a fan of small talk. It's easier to handle the chit chat when my hands are busy I guess.

Sunday will be my One Year Knitting Anniversary! I am so glad I learned to knit and that I have been able to meet so many great people that I would not have had the opportunity to meet other wise. Who knew knitting would be the new social anxiety medication... Wonder if the FDA would approve that statement.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean… I could so easily sit in my apartment and knit all night by myself. I always feel better when I get back from my Sit & Knit. The girls are lovely and every time I go, I get to know them a little more. It's a great thing and to get to know great people that have the same passion from knitting is wonderful! :)

 
At Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean… I could so easily sit in my apartment and knit all night by myself. I always feel better when I get back from my Sit & Knit. The girls are lovely and every time I go, I get to know them a little more. It's a great thing and to get to know great people that have the same passion from knitting is wonderful! :)

 
At Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:57:00 AM, Blogger knittingfool said...

Just a post to say hi - I am right behind you on the ROAK ring . You are so right about knitting in public - at least you have a topic, and I am always amazed at the people who either knit or want to learn to knit. I was reading your post about autism. I have a son who has a learning disability and I work for a state project for assistive technology. I am so with you about rasing awareness about disabilities in general. I was doing a training session for teachers (special ed teachers at that)yesterday and I am always amazed at this point in time at the lack of awareness of supports that are available. Our kids will benefit so much more when we decide that we will learn all that we can. Anyway, I enjoyed reading your comments. Have a nice week!

 
At Friday, February 11, 2005 4:40:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I wish I had somewhere I could meet likewise minded people and knit away! The UK is a little behind with things like that unless you live near London. All I can say is thank Heavens for the internet! Hope you have a great time anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://neverendingyarn.blogspot.com