<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9925853\x26blogName\x3d*Never+Ending+Yarn*\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://neverendingyarn.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://neverendingyarn.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d7137483203247584794', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, February 04, 2005

Friday & Guilt

This has been a long week. The highlight was receiving both our state and federal tax returns. Ironically we used a portion of our federal tax to pay our property taxes. It's sad really... down right depressing. Oh well.

After visiting a friends blog yesterday it made me start thinking. She posted about simplicity and how we don't really need everything that we see. I totally agree with her. I am also guilty of going absolutely overboard when it comes to my craft obsessions. I tend to find a new craft and go wild. I don't feel like I have much control and it's rather scary for all involved. Well, it's not so scary for places like Threadbear but you get the drift.

Is this a problem for other crafters or is it just me? I just want to learn it all, try it all, and do it all... NOW! I am so not patient when it comes to tackling anything new. The problem has come in the past when I have lost my interest. So far knitting has stuck. I'd like to think I was just looking for the right craft. So, for now, I must knit on!

3 Comments:

At Saturday, February 05, 2005 1:03:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

I know exactly what you mean about going overboard. Two weeks ago I bought a drop spindle. I've just done a yarn swap and the other person knew about it, so she sent me various samples to play with. So what happens?
I find myself trawling Ebay for spinning wheels. I haven't even got the hang of the spindle yet! Doh. Why do we do it? But I'm with you on the knitting, throughout it all, I've always come back to my little piece of heaven. So no, it's not just you. We must be related!

 
At Saturday, February 05, 2005 2:23:00 PM, Blogger Orris said...

I think I'm likely related too then. I learned to knit a year ago. Now I'm running a knitting club with 150 kids in it, and BOUGHT that spinning wheel, without having tried a drop spindle first.
My budget program cries every time I categorize something as a "craft" expense. We set our spending limit at "not if we can't eat too". A little high?
*grin* Hang in there. The obsession has to wear off eventually.
I hope

 
At Sunday, February 06, 2005 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Marti said...

i too, tend to be over obsessive about crafty things. i am trying very hard at the moment to destash and finish up some wips that seem to be taking way too long to finish. what did you think about the 'without a trace' episode?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW http://neverendingyarn.blogspot.com